Volunteer Photographer – Manchester – 6th November
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
The Late Lab is a new exciting evening event aimed at engaging our volunteers and supporters in our research. The event will provide an opportunity for volunteers and committed supporters from across CRUK to meet each other, CRUK staff and funded scientists, to help engage them in the charity, share progress and updates and thank them for their outstanding contribution.
We are looking for a talented photographer to join us at The Late Lab in Manchester on 6th November to capture images of our volunteers at the event.
Be part of an inspiring story and volunteer with us.
What skills do I need?
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur photographer, or a photography student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
Skills needed include:
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to build and develop rapport with people
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Has a detailed understanding of photography and good level of experience in doing this type of work
- Able to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
What will I be doing?
You will be required to photograph both general and specific shots of the event which will be used for post event communications and future promotional materials.
Some of these shots may include guests’ arrival and interaction, speakers and reaction shots and posed group shots.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to the conference to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support.
- You will have access to photographs taken at previous events so you can gain a better understanding about the nature of the event and what it involves.
What benefits can I expect?
- The possibility of having your work included in our future promotional material
- The chance to extend your portfolio whilst supporting the charity’s aims.
- The experience of working in a successful team at one of the UK’s leading charities
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a passionate team
- The chance to put your professional skills to the benefit for one of the UK’s leading charities
- Unique insight into the world of volunteering at Cancer Research UK and the charity sector
- We will reimburse agreed expenses you incur as a result of your volunteer role if required
We require someone who is available to volunteer in Manchester on Monday 6th November between 5pm – 9pm. Following the event, we will need a selection of images to be sent as a priority (within 1-2 days) and the rest of the images in high res.
Where will I be based?
Victoria Warehouse, Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester, M17 1AB
How do I apply?
Please send us your CV and examples of your work to Becky.Warburton@cancer.org.uk, such as links to a website or Facebook page so we can see your photographs.
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 27th October.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.