Volunteer Photographer – Manchester – 29th and 30th January 2018
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
The Experimental Cancer Medicine Centres (ECMC) Network is hosting its Junior Investigator ‘Training the Next Generation’ course and we would love some photos of the event. This two-day training event is for junior clinicians treating patients and scientists working in the laboratory in ECMCs, who are pursuing a career in cancer translational research. At this event they will learn how to develop study ideas with support and advice from experienced researchers. The training is a mix of lectures and interactive sessions.
What will I be doing?
You will be required to photograph both general and specific shots of the event which will be used for post event communications and future promotional materials. Some of these shots may include guests’ arrival and interaction, speakers and reaction shots, posed group shots, speakers and presentations, and lunchtime networking.
What skills do I need?
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur photographer, or a photography student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
Other necessary skills include:
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to build and develop rapport with people
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Has a detailed understanding of photography and good level of experience in doing this type of work
- Able to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to the conference to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support.
- You will have access to photographs taken at previous events so you can gain a better understanding about the nature of the event and what it involves.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people from all walks of life – universities, hospitals
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to the ECMC Network and Cancer Research UK.
- Travel expenses, and you will of course be able to join in the buffet lunch that we shall be providing for the attendees.
- The possibility of having your work included in our future promotional material
- The chance to extend your portfolio whilst supporting the charity’s aims.
We’d ideally like you to be able to volunteer between 9am and 1/2pm on both days, but if that isn’t possible then attendance on Monday 29th January is sufficient.
Following the event, we will need a selection of images to be sent as a priority (within 1-2 days) and the rest of the images in high res.
Where will I be based?
Holiday Inn City Centre, Aytoun Street, Manchester, M1 3AE.
How to apply
Please fill in our online form and send a copy of your CV or a link to an online portfolio to email@example.com.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.