Volunteer Photographer – London – 14th October 2017
Apply right now!
Capture CRUK’s volunteer campaigns ambassadors on their annual training day, learning how to influence politicians and challenge the new government.
Why we need you
Once a year we bring together our volunteer campaigns ambassadors, individuals who volunteer on the ground to influence their politicians around different political campaigns. Now a group of over 400, they have made a significant impact to our work, such as the recent success of the introduction of plain cigarette packaging. The annual training day is a unique occasion for them to get together, brainstorm, celebrate their successes and discsus how to maximise their impact.
We’re looking for a photographer to join us on the day, to capture this diverse group of volunteers in action, and to create some assets to then be used in future comms about the programme.
What will I be doing?
- Take general shots of the event – individuals in group discussions & brainstorming, speakers, interacting with science.
- Take specific shots of the event – individual ambassadors for case studies, ambassadors holding signs about their motivations/successes, groups of local ambassadors, ambassadors teaching other ambassadors, group shots of the CRUK team.
What skills do I need?
- A good understanding of photography and a good level of experience in doing this kind of work
- Enjoy meeting and building rapport with new people
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Ability to think creatively for new shots
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
Please note you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
What support will we give you?
- Catering and travel costs will be covered (and provided)
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you required in the lead up to the event so that you are confident in your role on the day
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support
- You can have access to previous photographs that have been used in comms and promotional materials, to understand the style of photography
What benefits can I expect?
- The possibility of having your work include included in future promotional material and comms, including on social media
- The chance to extend your portfolio whilst supporting the charity’s aims
- The chance to meet some of the charity’s most dedicated volunteers and to get to know them personally
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- The chance to put your professional skills to the benefit of one of the UK’s leading charities
- A unique insight into the world of volunteering at cancer Research UK and the charity sector.
We require someone who is able to volunteer on Saturday 14th October from 10am – 4pm. Following the event, we will need a selection of images to be sent within 1-3 days and the rest of the images in high res on a USB stick.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.