Volunteer Photographer – London – 10th April 2018
Apply Right Now!
Why we need you:
We are holding a workshop in conjunction with the Physics of Life and NIHR with lead Academics, clinicians and researchers from across the UK, to discuss cancer research.
We are looking for a talented photographer to join us at our meeting in London on 10th April to capture images of our researchers in action at the event.
What will I be doing?
You will be required to photograph both general and specific shots of the event which will be used for post event communications and future promotional materials.
Some of these shots may include guests’ arrival and interaction, speakers and reaction shots, as well as group shots.
What skills do I need?
- Has a detailed understanding of photography and good level of experience in doing this type of work (indoor photography skills helpful!)
- Discretion, so the attendees hardly notice they are being photographed
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Able to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur photographer, or a photography student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
We require someone who is available to volunteer in London (BMA House) on Tuesday, 10th April between 9:30am – 5pm. Following the event, we will need a selection of images to be sent as a priority (within 1-2 days) and the rest of the images in high res on a CD.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to the meeting to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support.
- You will have access to photographs taken at previous events so you can gain a better understanding about the nature of the event and what it involves.
- We will cover your travel and food
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop your existing skills in photography
- The possibility of having your work included in our future promotional material, including online
- The chance to extend your portfolio whilst supporting the charity’s aims.
- Insight into the world of volunteering at Cancer Research UK and the charity sector
- A unique opportunity to interact with leaders in the field of cancer research
- A chance to meet new and like-minded people in a friendly fast-paced environment – meal will be a buffet, so you will have the opportunity to chat to academics, clinicians and the staff
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK, whose ambition is to double cancer survival rates within the next 20 years
Where will I be based?
BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JP
How do I apply?
Please send your CV and examples of your work, such as links to a website or Facebook page to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, the deadline for applications will be 5pm on Friday 29th March and we will confirm your attendance by the end of Wednesday 4th April.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.