Volunteer Photographer – Central London – 2nd November 2017
Apply right now!
Art for Life is an exhibition and sale of paintings from a range of professional artists recruited by Royal Academician, Ken Howard OBE. The exhibition will be on from Monday 30th October and culminate on Thursday 2nd November with a drinks reception and a live auction of the paintings.
Organised by a long term National Events Committee member, this event will gather great artists and high value supporters and is a lovely, intimate event.
Why we need you:
We would love to document this exceptional annual event. The images taken from this event will be used for promotional purposes – on our website and on social media platforms. Some of them will also be shared with our high value stakeholders.
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur photographer, or a photography student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
What will I be doing?
You will be required to photograph both general and specific shots of the event which will be used for post event communications and future promotional materials. Some of these shots may include guests’ arrival and interaction, art pieces, speakers and reaction shots, posed group shots, and auction.
Skills needed include:
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to build and develop rapport with people
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Has a detailed understanding of photography and good level of experience in doing this type of work
- Able to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people – CRUK staff, high value supporters, artists
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel expenses
- Unique insight into a high-value art event
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to it to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support.
- You will have access to photographs taken at previous events so you can gain a better understanding about the nature of the event and what it involves.
- We would be happy to cover your travel expenses, and will offer you food on the day.
We require someone who is available to volunteer in Central London on Thursday 2nd November at Chris Beetles Gallery, SW1Y 6QB from around 4pm to 9pm. Following the event, we will need a selection of images to be sent the images in high res a maximum of a week after the event.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.