Volunteer Photographer – Central London - 10th May 2017
Apply right now!
The Experimental Cancer Medicine Centres (ECMC) Network is hosting its Annual Network Meeting, and we would love some photos to mark the occasion.
This year is bigger and better than ever as we are celebrating the Network’s 10th Anniversary. To mark the occasion, we will have two incredible guest speakers – our CEO Sir Harpal Kumar, and a health department spokesperson.
We are expecting in excess of 300 attendees to join us for the day in the Grand Connaught Rooms, which will be decorated in celebration of the event.
Why we need you:
We would love to document our annual network meeting, showing off the collaboration between our academic leads, clinical scientists, and funders (we are funded in partnership by Cancer Research UK, the NIHR, and the Health Departments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur photographer, or a photography student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
What will I be doing?
You will be required to photograph both general and specific shots of the event which will be used for post event communications and future promotional materials. Some of these shots may include guests’ arrival and interaction, speakers and reaction shots, posed group shots, speakers and presentations, and lunchtime networking.
Skills needed include:
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to build and develop rapport with people
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Has a detailed understanding of photography and good level of experience in doing this type of work
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people from all walks of life – universities, hospitals, government
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to the ECMC Network and Cancer Research UK.
- Unique insight into the world of experimental cancer medicine, and the people who are working hard to beat cancer sooner
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to the conference to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support.
- You will have access to photographs taken at previous events so you can gain a better understanding about the nature of the event and what it involves.
- We would be happy to cover your travel expenses, and you will of course be able to join in the buffet lunch that we shall be providing for the attendees.
We require someone who is available to volunteer in Central London on Wednesday 10th May at The Grand Connaught Rooms, 61-65 Great Queen St, London WC2B 5DA between 9am-2pm. Following the event, we will need a selection of images to be sent as a priority (within 1-2 days) and the rest of the images in high res.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.