Volunteer Photographer –Belfast – Thursday 6th October
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Each year we hold approximately three volunteer events across the UK to update our volunteers on Cancer Research UK’s progress in the fight against cancer, create a dialogue between us and our volunteers and inspire them to continue supporting us.
We are looking for a talented photographer to join us at our next conference in Belfast on 6th October to capture images of our volunteers at the event.
Be part of an inspiring story and volunteer with us.
What skills do I need?
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur photographer. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
Skills needed include:
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to build and develop rapport with people
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Has a detailed understanding of photography and good level of experience in photographing at this type of event
- Able to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
What will I be doing?
You will be required to photograph both general and specific shots of the event which will be used for post event communications and future promotional materials.
Some of these shots may include guests’ arrival and interaction, speakers and reaction shots and posed group shots.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to the conference to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support.
- You will have access to photographs taken at previous events so you can gain a better understanding of the nature of the event and what it involves.
What benefits can I expect?
- The possibility of having your work included in our future promotional material
- The chance to extend your portfolio whilst supporting Cancer Research UK’s aims
- The experience of working in a successful team at one of the UK’s leading charities
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a passionate team
- A unique insight into the world of volunteering at Cancer Research UK and the charity sector
- We will reimburse agreed expenses you incur as a result of your volunteer role if required
Where will I be based?
Stormont Hotel, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 3LP
We require someone who is available to volunteer in Belfast (Stormont Hotel) on Thursday 6th October between 9.30am – 4.00pm. Following the event, we will need a selection of images to be sent as a priority (within 1-2 days) and the rest of the images in high resolution on a CD.
How do I apply?
Please complete our short online application form. Then send your CV and examples of your work, such as links to a website or Facebook to email@example.com
Please note, the deadline for applications will be Thursday 29th September.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.