Volunteer L&D Online Learning Designer/Specialist – Home Based
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Building the skills, behaviours and confidence of our staff and volunteers is extremely important in helping us to beat cancer sooner.
We want to develop our online offerings, so we are looking for an L&D expert who is willing to take on an exciting volunteer role to help us do this. We would love you to technically design and deliver engaging online learning experiences that will help to build the skills of our people.
What will I be doing?
Your role is likely to involve:
- Supporting L&D projects that help to deliver our business areas operational plans.
- Collaborating with the Talent & Development team and make recommendations for the most appropriate learning solutions.
- Designing interactive, engaging and outcome focused online learning solutions to support our staff and volunteers.
What skills do I need?
You’ll need to be able to develop strong relationships with other people, and within a geographically dispersed department.
You’ll make logical decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction. You’ll also be able to draw sensible conclusions to meet the desired outcomes of learning interventions.
You can bring to life content through a storytelling approach to maximise learner engagement and impact. And you’ll have experience of designing creative, engaging and impactful online learning experiences using eLearning software such as Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate. You’ll also have good knowledge and experience of using LMS processes and systems.
We’d ideally like you to be able to volunteer with us on an ongoing basis for around 4-5 hours per week from July 2017 onwards. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
What support will we give you?
- As you will be home based, the support you will receive will be a combination of some face to face time and virtual contact with a member of the team. We will endeavour to provide you with the skills, knowledge and resources you need to carry out your role effectively
- You will receive:
- An induction into the team and what we do
- Support from members of the L&D team on a regular basis
- Personal development opportunities such as training courses relating to your role
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel costs and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of L&D within CRUK and the charity sector
- The chance to meeting new people, grow your network and be part of a passionate team
- The opportunity to develop your L&D skills
Where will I be based?
You will be home based with travel when required. There are a number of offices located around the country, so depending on location, you could work from an office.
How to apply
Please fill in our short online form and send a copy of your CV to Louise.Donnelly@cancer.org.uk. If you have any questions regarding the volunteer opportunity, please email Louise.Donnelly@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.