Volunteer HR Project Manager - London
Apply right now!
Remember to complete our short online application form AND email your CV.
At Cancer Research UK we have over 12,000 volunteers who donate their time and skills to support our shops every year. Our Shop Managers are extremely busy and they need your help in coming up with a recruitment strategy to recruit more volunteers at a local level.
What will I be doing?
- Speaking with local organisations/groups to help the Shop Managers to build a network of contacts to support them with volunteer recruitment.
- Supporting the bottom 40 shops in London to come up with a volunteer recruitment action plan to help them recruit more volunteers.
- Working with the local volunteer recruitment champions, Area Managers and Area Support Managers to coordinate local events.
- Supporting the Shop Manager to attend local events e.g. volunteer fairs, local talks etc.
- Working with our Office volunteer to research the marketplace and where to recruit volunteers locally.
- Providing general support to the team
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Previous experience in HR/Recruitment would be an advantage, as well as experience managing projects.
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Strong written communication skills and a good telephone manner.
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage your own time.
- Confident to network.
- Strong administrative skills.
What support will I be given?
- A clear and comprehensive induction into the team and training on our internal systems and processes
- You will become an integral part of the Trading team and the Operations Manager for London will be able to offer ongoing guidance and support
- You will have regular one to one meetings with your manager to discuss your progress and personal development
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to meet new and like-minded people, be part of a passionate and friendly team and gain experience within a world-class charity organisation
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK
- The chance to use your skills and develop new ones
- Reimbursed travel and other expenses, as agreed
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally 2-3 days per week, during office hours, for a period of at least 3 months, however, this can be flexible so you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
Where will I be based?
This role can be carried out at home, but you will need to be based locally to London to be able to attend local events and to visit local shops.
How do I apply?
Please complete our short online application form and submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.