Volunteer Graphic Designer - London
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
We’re looking for a Volunteer Graphic Designer to help us with the expanding need from Cancer Research UK supporters for bespoke designed fundraising materials. Our supporters are dedicated and passionate about raising money for Cancer Research UK and we want to support them to maximise their fundraising. The materials they use (posters, leaflets, tickets, social media badges) need to be eye-catching, fun and on brand and give our supporters the feeling of being part of the Cancer Research UK team.
What will I be doing?
Using your creative and technical skills to develop fundraising materials for Cancer Research UK supporters, such as:
- Posters advertising supporter events
- Leaflets to be given out to promote events
- Tickets for events
- Social media badges to be used digitally for promotion of events
What skills do I need?
- Experience of using InDesign is essential with the rest of Adobe preferred.
- Skilled in graphic design.
- IT literate.
- Creativity and a high level of attention to detail.
- Confidence, enthusiasm and willingness to respond proactively to new opportunities and challenges.
- Ideally you would have experience of collaborating with Comms Teams and/or working with different stakeholders, although this is not essential.
- Communication skills and the ability to use your own initiative
This is an office based role in London and is totally flexible in terms of when you volunteer your time with us. Ideally you would be able to come in to our offices 1-2 days per week within office hours.
We need support on a variety of fundraising materials for our dedicated supporters and while the workload is constant, each item requires a short period of 1-2 hours to complete. We would ideally like you to start as soon as possible.
We can discuss your availability to accommodate your time commitment preferences
What support will we give you?
You will receive a full induction to Cancer Research UK and the Volunteering Fundraising team.
- You will be given access to our brand guidelines.
- A member of the team will be on hand to support you and answer any questions you may have to ensure you feel confident and effective in your role.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- The opportunity to develop your portfolio and CV by offering your skills and volunteering at the UK’s leading charity.
- Knowing you are making a difference to the work of Cancer Research UK.
- There may also be opportunities to support projects in other teams.
- We will reimburse agreed expenses.
Where will I be based?
You will based in our offices in Islington, London.
How to apply
Please fill in our short online form and send us your CV or examples of your work, such as links to a website to email@example.com.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.