Volunteer Event Photographer – Manchester – 13th October
Apply right now!
Please remember to include a link to a website or Facebook page on the application form so we can see examples of your work.
Why we need you:
Our Cascade initiative aims to support and empower ‘cancer champions’ working in primary care to drive improvement in cancer control within the regions they work.
Workshops typically have up to 30 participants, including practitioners, health service planners/commissioners, and individuals working in public health. Our sessions tend to be interactive, including a mix of expert presentations and group discussion. So far we have had great engagement from these events.
We are looking for a talented photographer to join us at our next workshop in Manchester on 13th October to capture images of the event and our attendees. This will be used in future marketing for Cascade events and post-event communications.
What will I be doing?
You will be required to photograph both general and specific shots of the event which will be used for post event communications and future promotional materials.
Some of these shots may include guests’ arrival and interaction, speakers and reaction shots and posed group shots.
What skills do I need?
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to develop rapport with people
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Has a detailed understanding of photography and good level of experience in doing this type of work
- Able to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur photographer, or a photography student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event.
We require someone who is available to volunteer in Manchester (Hotel Football) on Thursday 13th October between 9am – 5pm. Following the event, we will need a selection of images to be sent via email and the rest of the images in high res on a CD.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full photography brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to the conference to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- On the day, various staff will be available to help and support you.
What benefits can I expect?
- The possibility of having your work included in our future promotional material
- The chance to extend your portfolio whilst supporting the charity’s aims
- The experience of working in a successful team at one of the UK’s leading charities
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a passionate team
- The chance to put your professional skills to the benefit for one of the UK’s leading charities
- Unique insight into the world of volunteering at Cancer Research UK and the charity sector
- We will reimburse agreed expenses you incur as a result of your volunteer role, if required
Where will I be based?
Hotel Football, 99 Sir Matt Busby Way, Stretford, Manchester M16 0SZ
How do I apply?
To apply click on the link above to complete our short application form - please include a link to a website or Facebook page so we can see examples of your work.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.