Volunteer Event Organiser – Ride for Life – Woking
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Are you passionate about horses? Would you like to use that passion to help beat cancer sooner? Right now we’re looking for horse enthusiasts to project manage a very unique horse riding event, that will inspire horse riders and the local community to come together to raise money and awareness of Cancer Research UK.
What will I be doing?
You will project manage your very own unique fundraising event for Cancer Research UK, utilising your contacts and local community to create, plan and deliver a horse riding experience like no other.
- Use your local contacts at a riding school to determine when and where you will hold your event.
- Organise logistics of the event e.g. set up the course and organise marshals, creating risk assessments and other important documents.
- Recruit participants through your networks e.g. riding school, friends and family.
- Distributing flyers and posters in your local area to raise awareness of the event e.g. libraries, shops, workplaces.
- Approach companies to take part, sponsor the event or donate items for prizes and/or goody bags.
- Write and send email communications to participants to encourage fundraising and share event information.
- Promote fundraising ideas and the event through social media and your contacts.
- Recruit volunteers to support you with all of the above as well as on the day
Ideally you’d be able to commit to a few hours a week to organise the event, with potential to increase this closer to the event. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
What skills do I need?
You need to be enthusiastic and passionate about making a difference for Cancer Research UK. You should be a great communicator and have excellent time management skills. For this particular event it is also invaluable to be a part of your local horse community.
What support will we give you?
Your local fundraising manager, Laura-Jade Holloway, will provide you with a full induction to discuss further details and give you some guidance to get started. Templates will also be provided for all promotion materials that you can amend with the event details as well as any logistical documentation such as risk assessments. Laura-Jade will always be on hand throughout to support you on delivering a fantastic event.
What benefits can I expect?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- Valuable events experience and project managing your very own event
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
Where will I be based?
The role will be home based in the Chobham/Woking/Guildford area. However, part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
Please note: there will not be a Cancer Research UK office base for this role so you will need access to a computer and be happy to work remotely with guidance from staff and other volunteers via phone and email.
How do I sign up?
Complete our application form online. Alternatively, or if you have any questions please call Laura-Jade on 07918 641681.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.