Volunteer Event Organiser - Great Stand Up To Cancer Bake Off - Ipswich
Apply Right Now!
What will you be doing?
You will become part of a brand new team of volunteers (or this may be a new team which you put together) who will plan and deliver fundraising events for The Great Stand Up To Cancer Bake Off, and inspire and co-ordinate other events in your community for Stand Up To Cancer, part of Cancer Research UK. Your Cancer Research UK contact will support you and the new team in the planning and raising a vital £10,000 towards our ground-breaking research. We would love for you to be an instrumental part of the team in bringing this brand new campaign to your community, spreading the word about The Great Stand Up To Cancer Bake Off and creating a buzz about this and other events, inspiring others around you to fundraise.
We need you to:
- Work with this newly formed team to establish a plan for hosting your own Great Stand Up To Cancer Bake Off fundraising events, and for promoting fundraising to local companies, groups, schools and organisations.
- Support local fundraisers with enthusiasm, materials (we will provide you with), support and guidance
- Plan a number of baking/ other events as a Stand Up To Cancer fundraising team.
- Approach companies to take part, sponsor the event or donate items to your events
- Promote fundraising ideas and the event through social media and your network of contacts
- Use your imagination for your events and take inspiration from the Bake Off for your ideas. You could have a bread making competition, a traditional coffee morning with freshly baked treats, a true Bake off style evening event, with judges and spectators, a biscuit decorating event, a bake sale…the list is endless.
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- Valuable events experience
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
- Full support from your Local Fundraising Manager at Cancer Research UK in your fundraising.
How much time do you need to commit?
Ideally you’d be able to commit a few hours per week. This time commitment may be greater when you are holding/supporting events. The events can take place when suitable for you/your group.
Where is the role based?
This is a home based. However, part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
Please note: there will not be a Cancer Research UK office base for this role so you will need access to a computer and be happy to work remotely with guidance from staff and other volunteers via phone and email.
How do I sign up?
Complete our application form online. Alternatively, or if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email on Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.