Volunteer Driver for your local shop
All you need to do is complete our short application form online and your local Shop Manager will get in touch.
Why we need you:
Join the gang and help to make our shops a huge success on the high street! We need you to collect bags of donated clothes, accessories and bric-a-brac from people in your local community who are unable to bring their donations to the shop.
What skills do you need?
- Your own vehicle and a clean driver's licence.
- A polite and efficient manner for communicating with the general public.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
What will you be doing?
- Delivering/collecting stock to required location within specific timescales
- Carry out transfer of goods between shop locations in agreement with managers.
- Fill out required CRUK administration when moving stock between shops
What support will we give you?
- We will provide all the training you need to feel confident in the role and to be able to carry out all tasks in accordance with CRUK H&S policies and procedures and to ensure the security of stock at all times.
- The Shop Manager will be available to advise and assist you.
- We will reimburse any agreed travel expenses that you incur as a result of your volunteer role.
What benefits do you get?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the pioneering work of Cancer Research UK.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a team.
- Making a positive contribution to your local community.
Still interested? Watch our new video to see the impact you can have as a CRUK Shop Volunteer!
Where will you be based?
In your local community.
How do you apply?
You can apply by downloading the form below. When you've filled in the form, just print it out and take it to your nearest Cancer Research shop. Alternatively, please pop into your local shop and pick up an application form. The shop manager will help you through the next steps.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.