Volunteer Customer Service Assistant - In your local shop
All you need to do is complete our short application form online and your local Shop Manager will get in touch.
Why we need you:
As a customer service assistant, you can help to ensure our customers receive the best possible service and enjoy our shop and what it has to offer. Join the gang and help to make our shops a huge success on the high street.
What skills do you need?
We are looking for passionate volunteers who are enthusiastic about the work of Cancer Research UK. You will have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with people and work as part of a team. Basic numeracy skills will also be of benefit.
What will you be doing?
- Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop.
- Advising and helping people as they shop.
- Operating the till and dealing with various types of payment.
- Answering customer enquiries.
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop.
What support will we give you?
We will provide all the training you need to feel confident in the role. The shop manager will be available give advice and assist you, as well as other experienced volunteers in the team.
What benefits do you get?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the life saving work of Cancer Research UK.
- Learning new skills and gaining retail experience.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a team.
- The opportunity to study for an NVQ certificate (currently only available in England).
Still interested? Watch our short video to see the impact you can have as a CRUK Shop Volunteer!
Where will you be based?
Cancer Research UK has over 600 shops across the UK. Please search the shop list to find your local store.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.