Volunteer Customer Service Assistant - in your local Cancer Research UK shop
All you need to do is complete our short application form online and your local Shop Manager will get in touch.
What will I be doing?
Would you like to make a difference in your local community for Cancer Research UK? Are you looking for a role where you can help to beat cancer sooner? Then look no further.
Our Cancer Research UK shops offer an experience like no other — we’re uniquely focused on delivering amazing customer experiences. And we raise valuable funds to help beat cancer sooner.
As a Customer Service Assistant, you’ll understand all if the work that goes into running a charity shop. The Shop Manager along with other volunteers will show you the ropes for each of the different tasks in the shop so that you’ll feel confident to do them on your own. You could be serving customers on the till or helping them find something to buy. Whatever you’re doing we’ll make sure that you have the training you need to do a great job.
What’s in it for me?
- Gain a range of transferable skills such as customer service, teamwork and communication
- The chance to study for an NVQ certificate through Derby college
- Be part of a friendly team where you’ll meet a diverse range of people
- Develop your CV
- Improve your employability — we’ll give you a reference after you’ve volunteered
- To go home feeling proud that you’ve helped to develop lifelong relationships with Cancer Research UK customers every day, making them want to shop in our stores again
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK
What skills do I need?
You don’t need any previous experience. We’ll provide you with all the support and advice you need to feel confident in your role with us.
Where will I be based?
Cancer Research UK has around 600 shops across the UK, click “apply now” and you’ll be able to select the shop which is closest to you.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.