Volunteer Assistant Shop Manager (Wolverhampton)
Apply right now!
What skills do you need?
You will have a good standard of numeracy and literacy and be able to interpret and work with data from a range of sources. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with others around you. We're looking for a friendly and approachable person who enjoys working as part of a team, with the ability to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you. Previous retail, management or charity experience is helpful, but not essential.
What will you be doing?
Assisting the Manager with the day-to-day running of the shop and use growing knowledge of the business to improve sales and profit. You may also provide cover when the manager is on leave or attending training.
What skills will you develop?
• How to run a small business
• How to manage, motivate and lead a team of people
• How to provide great customer service
• How to generate stock for the shop
• How to fundraise
• Visual merchandising skills
• Time management skills and how to prioritise effectively
• Everything you need to know about health and safety
• Great admin skills
What support will we give you?
You will receive training on all aspects of your role plus a full training pack. Eligible volunteers will also have access to an NVQ accreditation.
What benefits do you get?
• A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
• The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to Cancer Research UK’s goal of helping 3 in 4 people surviving cancer by 2034
• The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
• The ability to gain valuable work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
• The potential of gaining a national recognised qualification (NVQ)
• The chance to gain valuable retail experience
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.