Volunteer Admin Assistant - In your local shop
All you need to do is complete our short application form online and your local Shop Manager will get in touch.
Why we need you
We are looking for volunteer admin assistants to help support our shop managers with the smooth running of our busy charity shops. This is a great opportunity to gain or develop your experience as the role will be varied and full training will be provided.
What skills do you need?
We are looking for volunteers with good communication skills who have the ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, via telephone and email, with people at all levels. You will have excellent customer service skills and be organised in your approach to administration. You’ll also need a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, plus basic numeracy skills. IT skills and experience of Microsoft Office is preferable, but full training will be given.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting the manager with activities such as stocktaking and general clerical duties such as filing and sorting the post.
- This role involves dealing with customer enquiries, arranging collections, deliveries and promoting the Gift Aid scheme
What support will we give you?
Your Shop Manager will organise training, advice and support and you will receive an induction pack to refer to when you start the role. Shop managers and their volunteer teams are a valuable source of local information and contacts.
What benefits do you get?
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK.
- Developing your skills and gaining experience.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and working as part of a team.
- We will reimburse any agreed expenses.
Still interested? Watch our new video to see the impact you can have as a CRUK Shop Volunteer!
Where will you be based?
In your local shop.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.