Video Filming, Production and Editing Volunteer – Marlow, Buckinghamshire – 16th September 2017
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
In 2016 The ‘Sprintathon’ was an attempt to run the fastest marathon ever with 422 runners from all walks of life running 100m each in a long, consecutive relay. Last year beat the world record and raised over £22,000 for Stand Up To Cancer. In 2017 they want to beat the world 1 hour 100m sprint relay distance record. This year’s event is called 'The Sprintathon Showdown’ and is hoping to smash last year’s record and fundraising total!
We are looking for a talented videographer to join us at the event in Buckinghamshire on 16th September to capture footage of our volunteers at the event and to produce some short and engaging videos with the content.
What skills do I need?
You will have experience in filming and editing videos to a high standard. We are looking for someone who has their own equipment and is able to collaborate with the Stand Up To Cancer team to agree direction and also work independently to produce the first cut and final edit. The final output will be a range of short professional and engaging videos to use to promote future events and showcase what happened on the day. If you have a keen eye for detail and understand the principles of good video content, we want you!
Ideally, this role would suit either a professional or talented amateur videographer, or a media production student looking to develop their portfolio of work. Please note, you will need to bring your own camera and equipment to the event and organise your own travel.
Skills needed include:
- Has a detailed understanding of video production and good level of experience in doing this type of work
- Enjoy meeting new people and be able to build and develop rapport with people
- Can plan and prioritise tasks and formulate a clear action plan on the day
- Able to flex your creative thinking and visual skills
- Able to use a logical approach when making decisions and can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Able to take a supervisory approach and use your personal style to inspire those around you
What will I be doing?
- Filming the event throughout the day.
- Using your own computer editing software, to create an engaging video.
- The final video will be used to promote the event in the future and thank runners/volunteers who attended.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide a full brief before the event and any other support you require in the lead up to the event to ensure you feel confident in your role on the day of the event.
- We will provide you with a Stand Up To Cancer t-shirt
- On the day, staff will be available to help and support.
- You will have access to a video taken last year so you can gain a better understanding about the nature of the event and what it involves, which can be sent in advance.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop your existing skills in video production and editing
- The possibility of having your work included in our future promotional material
- A unique insight into the charity sector, and exposure to the Cancer Research UK & Stand Up To Cancer brand.
- A chance to meet new and like-minded people in a friendly fast-paced environment
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK, whose ambition is to double cancer survival rates within the next 20 years.
- We will reimburse agreed expenses you incur as a result of your volunteer role if required.
Where will I be based?
The event will take place in Little Marlow, Buckinghamshire
We require someone who is available to volunteer in Marlow, Buckinghamshire on Saturday 16th September 2017 from 11am – 5pm. Following the event, we are aiming for a 5-7 day turnaround on completion for both editing and production.
How do I apply?
Please fill in our online application form and send us your CV and examples of your work, such as links to a website or Facebook page so we can see your videos to Isabel.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 31st August 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Isabel.email@example.com
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.