Video Design (Patient Involvement and Communications) Internship
We‘re looking for a creative individual with an interest in communications and video production, to design and coordinate a video induction for our volunteer ambassadors.
What will I be doing?
- Project manage the design of a new video induction (e-induction) for new volunteer campaigns ambassadors
- Sourcing and collating feedback from ambassadors and team members on the current induction processes (including running a session with the Ambassador Advisory Group and other groups as needed)
- Researching and summarising key information and messaging for the induction
- Writing a creative brief, script and storyboard for the video, while taking into account brand guidelines
- Liaising closely with the video production team throughout the project, who will assist with the design and final production
What skills will I gain?
- Project management skills
- Specialist skills around video coordination and creation
- Interpersonal skills by collaborating with different teams and the ambassadors themselves
- The ability to complete tasks independently, whilst collaborating with a team to bounce around ideas
- Written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to adhere to the Cancer Research UK brand, and be innovative with its use
- Experience of patient involvement
What skills do I need?
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of creating content briefs
- Effective communication skills
- Interest and experience in designing video content is desirable
- A creative approach to communication and visual design
- User experience – ability to tailor content to the right user and audience
- Ability to effectively collate and summarise information to obtain key themes and messaging
Why we need you
The Patient Involvement and Communications team is committed to ensuring people affected by cancer have the maximum number of opportunities available for them to help shape and promote Cancer Research UK’s work. The voluntary campaigns ambassador programme enables people affected by cancer to roll out our political campaigns locally. Being a skilled volunteer role with numerous actions and varied campaign focuses, it’s vital to have a digestible and in-depth induction which clearly sets out the role remit and expectations. With recent consultations showing that our current induction may not be sufficient, we’re looking for an intern to develop the content and help produce a new e-induction, which will more clearly and visually explain the role to new starters.
How much time do I need to commit?
We would like someone who can commit to 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.