Swindon Local Committee - Volunteer Press Officer
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
If you want to volunteer from the comfort of your own home and you’ve got the communication know-how, the Swindon Local Committee want you! They are looking to raise their profile in the local area and increase their presence in the press in order to help beat cancer sooner.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to reach new fundraisers and supporters through the local press and beyond, then sign up today.
What skills do I need?
- Organisation and reliability
- The ability to scout out local and national press opportunities
- Creative and fun communication skills to communicate to your audience using Cancer Research UK’s tone of voice
What will I be doing?
- Promoting the team’s fundraising activities and news via press channels including local newspapers and magazines
- Seeking new advertising opportunities
- Acting as a point of contact for local supporters, informing them about upcoming events and answering questions
- Tracking your impact and reporting back to the Local Committee
What is the time commitment?
We’d ideally like you to volunteer with us on an ongoing basis for a couple of hours each day to enable a regular flow of social media throughout the week. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
What support will we give you?
- You’ll receive a full induction, introducing you to the team and what we do
- You’ll receive regular support through one-to-ones to discuss your development
What benefits can I expect?
- A unique insight into the world of the local and national press and advertising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in advertising
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
This is a home-based role in Swindon, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
Complete our short online application form today and Lucy Walker, your Local Fundraising Manager, will contact you to tell you more about our fundraising groups in your area and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.