Swindon Local Committee - Volunteer Administrator
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Do you long for the day when all cancers are cured? Did you know that Cancer Research UK is the only charity with the knowledge and expertise to tackle all 200 types of cancer?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Administrator. Are you ready to join the team and take on this exciting role? You will join a group of other like-minded people in the quest to fight cancer. This role is vital in managing the day-to-day admin of the Swindon Local Committee.
With the support of your team and your Local Fundraising Manager you will generate life-saving funds that will go towards achieving Cancer Research UK's ambition in accelerating progress so at least three quarters of people survive cancer by 2034.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the logistics and running of committee meetings e.g. booking meeting venues, circulating agendas and taking and distributing minutes
- Supporting the committee’s fundraising activities and events in your local area
- Keeping up to date with everything related to Cancer Research UK e.g. the latest campaigns, medical breakthroughs and other general news
The type of person we are looking for:
You will be passionate about the work of Cancer Research UK, with the ability to plan and prioritise multiple tasks and keep accurate records. Using your strong administration skills and attention to detail, you will be able to communicate information clearly and build and maintain relationships with others effectively.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK:
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how the funds you raise help save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Support and development of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home-based role in Swindon, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Complete our short online application form today and Lucy Walker, your Local Fundraising Manager, will contact you to tell you more about our fundraising groups in your area and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.