Swindon Local Committee - Social Media Volunteer
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
If you want to volunteer from the comfort of your own home and you’ve got the social media know-how, the Swindon Local Committee want you! They are looking to raise their profile in the local area and increase their online presence in order to help beat cancer sooner.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to reach new fundraisers and supporters through online communities like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and beyond, then sign up today.
What skills do I need?
- Organisation and reliability are key to building a local online presence
- The ability to scout out local and national social media trends
- Creative and fun communication skills to communicate to your audience using Cancer Research UK’s tone of voice
- Be willing to track your impact using the reporting tools that come with the social media platforms you will be using
What will I be doing?
- Keeping up to date with the central Cancer Research UK social media handle and reposting content to the local social accounts on a weekly basis.
- Spotting opportunities to boost the number of local followers we have on Facebook and Twitter.
- Promoting the committee’s fundraising activities on social media, and encouraging traffic to the website.
- Reporting your progress and updating the rest of the committee.
What is the time commitment?
We’d ideally like you to volunteer with us on an ongoing basis for a couple of hours each day to enable a regular flow of social media throughout the week. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
What support will we give you?
- You’ll receive a full induction, introducing you to the team and what we do
- You’ll receive regular support through one-to-ones to discuss your development
What benefits can I expect?
- A unique insight into the world of social media and fundraising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in online marketing and social media
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
This is a home-based role in Swindon, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
Complete our short online application form today and Lucy Walker, your Local Fundraising Manager, will contact you to tell you more about our fundraising groups in your area and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.