Supporter Group Members - Wetherby
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
We’re looking for people who will be proud to represent Cancer Research UK in their local area and help us fundraise for vital research into prevention, treatments and cures for cancer.
By becoming part of a Supporter Group in Wetherby, you’ll join like minded people who all have one thing in common – they want to do what they can to help beat cancer.
With the support of other members and the Local Fundraising Manager you will help generate life saving funds that will go towards achieving Cancer Research UK's ambition - accelerating progress so at least three-quarters of people survive cancer by 2034.
What will you be doing?
As a group member you can expect to get involved in things like:
- Organising fundraising events with the other team members
- Representing the charity locally by attending cheque collections or picking up/placing collection tins
- Raising awareness of the charity and the group encouraging others to fundraise for us
- Attend group meetings – held approx every 8 weeks or so
- Keeping up to date records of money raised and sending this to the central CRUK team
- Motivate and support other members of the group in their activities
The type of person we are looking for
If you are a team player with good communication skills and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK we’d love to hear from you!
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Wetherby, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. group meetings
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Apply online today via our online application form and someone will be in touch. If you have any questions, please contact Lynne Desborough on email@example.com or call 07918 034954.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.