Supporter Group Fundraiser - Wakefield
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
One in two people will be diagnosed with cancer in a lifetime. Our local fundraising group co-ordinators are helping us to beat cancer sooner in their community through:
- Teaming up with like-minded people
- Organising events
- Collecting cheques from other local fundraisers
- Generating lifesaving funds in Wakefield that will go towards achieving Cancer Research UK's ambition - accelerating progress so at least three-quarters of people survive cancer by 2034.
What will you be doing?
As a local fundraising group co-ordinator, we would love you to raise awareness and funds for Cancer Research UK. You will be fully supported by the Local Fundraising Manager, Sarah. Here’s a list of some of the activities you could be doing:
- Represent Cancer Research UK in your local community
- Co-ordinate fundraising events with a group of fundraisers and raise awareness of activities in your local area
- Help to recruit and attract new fundraisers to raise funds in Wakefield
- Meet up with fundraisers to collect cheques from their fundraising for Cancer Research UK
- Motivate and support other fundraisers in their activities
The type of person we are looking for
If you are a team player with good communication skills and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK we’d love to hear from you!
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Wakefield, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. meeting other fundraisers
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Please fill in our short online application form. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Mattison your Local Fundraising Manager on 07795 307035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.