Stand Up To Cancer Campaigns Office Volunteer
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
The Campaigns team are looking for an Office Volunteer to support them in September and October to help them with a range of activities during the peak time of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Experience of administration
- Strong organisational skills
- Confidence and can do attitude
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Windows and MS Office
What will I be doing?
As part of this role you will:
- Support on ordering and managing stock and items for events and activities outside of the office
- Support on organising fundraising activities in the run up to the 21st October event date in and around the office
- Support the talent team with gift buying and thank you card writing, up to and after the event
- Create briefing documents for events under the guidance of delivery managers
- Prepare communications to supporters such as invitation letters, maps and directions and confirmation letters as required
- Prepare event materials such as putting together name badges and printing agendas and questionnaires as required
- Assist the events and communications assistant in the preparation of materials for events, checking materials and packing/unpacking
- Assist with a stock-check of materials
- Act as a point of contact for the team as other members are out of the office at events
What support will I be given?
You’ll report to the Campaigns Project Manager and one of the team’s Marketing Managers who will both provide you with full training and support. You’ll receive training on any systems you will be asked to use, and inductions on where stock and materials are kept.
What benefits can I expect?
The satisfaction of making a vital difference to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK and helping us to beat cancer sooner; as well as being part of the team working on Stand Up To Cancer, the UK’s fastest growing talent led fundraising activity.
For anyone looking to get experience of the charity sector, this is a great way to get an insight as to what’s involved and also develop your office based skills.
Ideally we’d like someone who can commit 3-4 days a week from now until November.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based in our offices here in Angel, Islington.
How do I apply?
Simply click the button above to complete our short online application form.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.