Staff Events and Communications Internship
We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic and proactive intern to help us deliver inspiring staff communications, and develop new and exciting platforms to spread the word effectively.
What will I be doing?
- Co-ordinating logistics for our staff activity for World Cancer Day (WCD) – an international fundraising and awareness-raising campaign
- Preparing communications for staff about internal WCD activities
- Sharing successes and evaluating impact of the WCD staff campaign
- Supporting with communications for the launch of two big systems for HR and Finance, which will impact all staff
- Writing and editing copy on a variety of staff projects for internal communication channels
What skills will I gain?
- Experience delivering large scale, engaging events
- Copy writing and editing for an internal audience
- Proactive approach and relationship management
- Project management skills e.g. planning, prioritising, developing messaging, involving stakeholders
- The ability to be innovative with the use of the Cancer Research UK brand
What skills do I need?
- An interest in communications
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of events
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to be flexible and respond to challenges
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and self-motivation
- Confidence using Microsoft Office
Why we need you
With over 3,000 members of staff spread across the country, the internal communications team has the challenging task of keeping our employees informed about what’s going on in the charity, motivated by knowing how their work helps, and inspired about the progress and impact the charity is making.
We have three big projects happening this spring – from a huge fundraising campaign to the launch of internal systems - and we’ll need support in making this as engaging and exciting as possible. From logistics to creative input, you’ll play a big role in delivering these and spreading the word. And there’ll be lots more to get involved with too.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but the scheme is flexible and this can be discussed on a 1 to 1 basis.
Where will I be based?
You will be based in our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working from home can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.