Sprintathon Volunteer – Marlow
Apply right now!
In the skills and experience part of the application form, tell us which volunteer role you want.
Why we need you:
We rely on every mile, every pound and every volunteer to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. This includes our event volunteers, who are essential in making sure race day is a huge success and that our runners receive the support they need.
Volunteer at this unique event and help us save lives. For just one day of volunteering, you’ll be helping us to raise vital funds for our pioneering, life-saving research.
Sprintathon is a world record attempt to run the fastest marathon using 422 runners! An eclectic mix of runners will need to average 16.62 seconds each to beat the current record.
Together we will beat cancer sooner.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Reliable and flexible
- Confident with good interpersonal skills
- Able to support others in a fast-paced environment
What will I be doing?
Without volunteers, our events simply couldn’t happen – select your favourite role from the list and help us to beat cancer sooner!
Event Day Volunteer
There are so many ways you can help out on event day from setting up marquees and putting out flags and banners to getting water to the start line and handing out medals at the finish. We’re on the lookout for volunteers with a proactive attitude and loads of enthusiasm to join the team.
Course Marshal Volunteer
Inspire, cheer and motivate participants by covering one of the marshal points on the course. This crucial role ensures the event runs smoothly and participants feel motivated. This role is perfect for team players with great communication skills who can use their initiative when dealing with anything that may occur on the track.
Local Promotions Volunteer
This role is vital to the success of our events. To help us spread the word, you will need to place 200 flyers and 20 posters in your local area – e.g. libraries, shops and workplaces – and give them to friends and family to make sure your whole community knows about Sprintathon.
What support will I be given?
- You will receive a thorough briefing about the event and your role, both in the lead up to the event and on race day
- We’ll also provide you with snacks and on the day support through a Team Leader
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of making a vital difference to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK and helping us to beat cancer sooner
- For anyone looking to get into events management or the charity sector, this is a great way to get an insight as to what’s involved at sports events and also develop your experience
- You’ll meet new people and help us to ensure our inspirational runners have the best day possible
How do I sign up?
Complete our short online application form by clicking on apply for this role. In the Experience and Skills box, please state the name of the role you would like to perform.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.