Sports Event Management Assistant Office Volunteer
Apply right now!
We are looking for an organised, hard working and enthusiastic individual, who is keen to help with all aspects of event management. From recruiting and retaining volunteers, to imporving our digital presence, to organising our on the day experience, you will be responsible for helping to develop some of the biggest events in the Sports Team calendar such as the London Marathon, Brighton Marathon, Asics Greater Manchester Marathon, just to name a few.
Why we need you:
The Sports Team aims to maximise income, awareness and supporter engagement for Cancer Research UK. With a portfolio of 140 events and an income target of £20 million by 2020 we need your assistance to help us achieve this.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting with the planning and organisation of our on the day experience at third party events.
- Assiting with the recruitment and retainment process of our on the day volunteers. (Including Massage Therapists, Cheerers, Team Leaders and Meet and Greet Volunteers)
- Reviewing and developing a communications journey that ensures on the day volunteers are fully engaged and well-briefed.
- Launching events on the CRUK website and improving our online precence.
- Assisting with competitor and market analysis
- Supporting a team of interns
- Contruibuting to the organisation of our administration processes to ensure the Sports Team is working as efficiently and effectively as possible.
What skills do I need?
- Good time-management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills for building relationships
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and follow them through to completion
- Ability to manage own time effectively and work well under pressure
- Ability to perform day to day tasks effectively and efficiently
- Practical thinker who can act decisively on their own initiative
- Creative individual who thinks outside the box
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficent in Microsoft Office and experience working with IT databases desirable
What support will we give you?
- A clear and comprehensive induction into the organisation and training on our internal systems and processes.
- A manager with whom you will have regular meetings to discuss your progress and personal development.
- You will become an integral part of the Sports Team and will be able to draw on the team for advice and support.
What benefits can I expect?
- Lunch (up to £4.00 a day) and travel expenses (up to £55 a week) will be reimbursed.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills such as:
- Experience of setting up an event from scratch and organising the logistics involved.
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Understanding of data management systems and digital marketing programmes.
- An understanding of the sports events market and how Cancer Research UK operates within this.
- A chance to meet new people and network across CRUK
- A unique insight into the world of Events and the charity sector
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Angel, London.
We’d ideally like you to be able to volunteer with us between January 2017 to March 2017 for 3-4 days per week. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.