Sports (Digital) Internship
We’re looking for a creative and organised individual interested in gaining experience in data analysis, research, database management and copywriting on numerous web platforms and services, with the goal of promoting Sports Events.
What will I be doing?
- Analysing recruitment and income data for previous sports events and reporting on growth / decline trends, with a particular focus on cycling and obstacles events
- Maintaining and editing the Cancer Research UK event pages on the main website
- Contributing to the overall Sports Digital Strategy
- Building online registration forms
- Adding events and supporters to the Cancer Research UK supporter database
- Proofreading web pages and database information for any errors
- Researching opportunities and trends in the sports market, particularly cycling and obstacles
- Event organisation – assisting with volunteer recruitment and the coordination of the Cancer Research UK on the day experience
What skills will I gain?
- Strengthen your data analysis and reporting skills
- Developing your knowledge of various digital systems and web-editing systems
- Enhancing your copywriting and design skills
- Communication skills through written and verbal communication with internal staff and external supporters and volunteers
- Developing your ability to create online materials in line with the Cancer Research UK brand
- Interpersonal skills by working with teams across the charity
- Developing an in depth knowledge of the events market, and charity supporters, by attending events
What skills do I need?
- Strong copywriting skills
- An interest in web design and digital
- Good attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- A proactive and forward-thinking attitude
- A creative and open mind
Why we need you
With over 40,000 supporters taking on any of our 130 events, the Sports Team has the challenging task of ensuring that each supporter has a positive race day experience, hits their fundraising target and becomes a dedicated Cancer Research UK supporter. We’re looking for an intern to contribute to this using our digital platforms to communicate with participants. To do this you will become our digital lead on our event pages and ensure that all detail, copy and event information is up to date.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, with the possibility of a few event weekends, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working from home can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.