Special Events Internship
We’re looking for 2 enthusiastic and creative interns to assist with all aspects of event marketing and delivery for our high value fundraising events.
What will I be doing?
- Using your initiative and creativity to help market upcoming events
- Identifying new and exciting prizes and gift in kind opportunities for our events and creating engaging proposals to approach companies for their support
- Providing logistical support across all the spring events, including liaising with our high value supporters
- Collating content, copywriting and assisting on our programme/brochure designs
What skills will I gain?
- Event delivery experience
- Increased sector knowledge by understanding and experiencing a diverse high value charity events portfolio
- Project management, including task prioritisation, activity planning and managing competing deadlines
- Marketing and pitching skills, including influencing and persuasiveness
- Interpersonal and communication skills
What skills do I need?
- A strong interest in high value events
- Confident communication skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Resourcefulness and tenacity
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Why we need you
The Special Events team looks after an exclusive and diverse portfolio of high value events (raising anything between £50,000 and £1 million). Working alongside some of the charity’s wealthiest and most well-known celebrity and business supporters, we come up with creative event concepts, market these events and secure a range of donations (monetary and gift-in-kind) which help raise millions of pounds a year towards our life-saving research.
We're looking for 2 interns to assist in all aspects of our events – from pre event marketing to on the day delivery. This could include pre event marketing, finalising auction prizes and guest liaison on the night.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.