Special Event Organiser – Enfield
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Every day around 11 young people in the UK are diagnosed with cancer. Despite improving survival rates, cancer is the leading cause of death in children, teenagers and young adults.
Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens is a campaign to raise money for research into cancers affecting children, teens and young adults. With your help we will find cures and kinder treatments for young people facing cancer.
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of something special by organising a fundraising event to raise awareness and life-saving funds to help beat children’s cancer sooner.
What will you be doing?
- Organising a fundraising event to raise funds for Cancer Research UK
- Promoting your event in the local community
- Contributing to our ambition of doubling the amount we spend on children’s cancer research in the next 5 to 10 years
- Representing Cancer Research UK in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK
The type of person we are looking for:
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and deliver a successful fundraising event.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK:
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager
- Advice on how to set up and promote a fundraising event
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Hertfordshire however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. booking venues, sourcing prizes, promoting your event
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Register your interest today and Katie Beck your Local Fundraising Manager will contact you to tell you more about our fundraising groups in your area and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.