Social Media Volunteer - South East
Apply right now!
If you want to volunteer from the comfort of your own home and you’ve got the social media know-how, the South East Fundraising Team want you! They are looking to raise their profile in the local area and increase their online presence in order to help beat cancer sooner.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to reach new fundraisers through online communities like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and beyond, then sign up today.
What skills do I need?
- Organisation and reliability are key to building a local online presence
- The ability to scout out local and national social media trends
- Creative and fun communication skills to communicate to your audience using Cancer Research UK’s tone of voice
- Be willing to track your impact using the reporting tools that come with the social media platforms you will be using
What will I be doing?
- Keeping up to date with the central Cancer Research UK social media handle, and reposting content to the local social accounts on a weekly basis. This includes spreading the news about local fundraising events and volunteering opportunities, as well as engaging followers with Cancer Research UK’s latest news stories and campaigns.
- Spotting opportunities to boost the number of local followers we have on Facebook and Twitter.
- Promoting the team’s fundraising activities on social media, and encouraging traffic to the website.
- Supporting the team by designing a South East fundraising brochure, in order to widen our reach locally.
- Leading on an exciting project whereby we will share our research locally by using digital sources. You will have the resources to create videos to share the impact of our research locally.
We’d ideally like you to be able to volunteer with us on an ongoing basis for one day a week. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments as the role is home based.
What support will we give you?
- You’ll receive a full induction to the team and what we do
- You’ll receive regular support through one to ones to discuss your development
What benefits can I expect?
- A unique insight into the world of social media and fundraising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in online marketing and social media
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
The role is home based so most of the volunteering will be done in your own time.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.