Social Media Volunteer - Oxfordshire (Banbury & surrounding villages)
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
If you want to volunteer from the comfort of your own home and you’ve got the social media know how. Cancer Research UK wants you! Your local fundraising group are looking to raise their profile in the local area and increase their online presence.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to reach new fundraisers through online communities like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and beyond, then sign up today!
What skills do I need?
- Organisation and reliability are key to building a local online presence.
- The ability to scout out local and national social media trends and campaigns
- Creative and fun communication skills to communicate to your audience in keeping with Cancer Research UK’s tone of voice.
- Be willing to track your impact using the online reporting tools on the social platforms.
What will I be doing?
- Keeping up to date with the central Cancer Research UK social media handle and reposting content locally on a weekly basis.
- Spotting opportunities to boost the number of local followers we have on Facebook and Twitter .
- Promoting the group’s fundraising activities, on social media, and encouraging traffic to the website.
What support will we give you?
- Full induction to Cancer Research UK and the work we do
- Induction to the local fundraising group, what they do and their objectives
- Regular support from your Cancer Research UK Local Fundraising Manager staff partner to discuss progress and personal development
- Support from your peers within the fundraising group and across the organisation
What benefits can I expect?
- Unique insight into the world of social media and fundraising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in online marketing and social media
- A chance to meet new and like minded people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK.
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
The role is home based so most of the volunteering will be done in your own time.
We’d ideally like you to be able to volunteer with us on an ongoing basis for half a day a week. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments as the role is home based.
How do I apply?
Please fill in our short online application form. If you have any questions please contact the Local Fundraising Manger, Tanisha Greenwood, 07770 646 996 orTanisha.email@example.com.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.