Secretary - Lisburn Committee
Apply right now!
Why we need you
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised secretary to join the long-established Lisburn local committee. Are you ready to join the team and take on this exciting role? This role is vital in managing the day-to-day admin of the committee.
The type of person we are looking for
You will be passionate about the work of Cancer Research UK, with the ability to plan and prioritise multiple tasks and keep accurate records. Using your strong administration skills and attention to detail, you will be able to communicate information clearly and build and maintain relationships with others effectively.
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining the groups administrative systems, supporting the logistics and running of committee meetings e.g. booking meeting venues, circulating agendas and recording and distributing minutes
- Supporting the groups fundraising activities and events in your local area
- Keeping up to date with everything Cancer Research UK related e.g. the latest campaigns, medical breakthroughs and other general news
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Lisburn, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager.
Please fill in out online application form. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Fundraising Manager Mark McMahon via email Mark.McMahon@cancer.org.uk or phone 07775 790675.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.