Research Volunteer – Home Based
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
The Volunteer Fundraising team supports people who fundraise for Cancer Research UK in their local area. We work with a wide range of people, including businesses, fundraising groups and individual fundraisers. Our supporters organise a wide range of activity and they are always at the heart of everything we do.
We need you to help us identify and research opportunities in the UK in order to grow our pipeline over the next 5 years in this area.
What skills do I need?
- Excellent web research skills and experience.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Confidence in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to respond proactively to new opportunities and challenges.
- An interest in fundraising and the work of Cancer Research UK.
What will I be doing?
- Researching a portfolio of companies with potential for Charity of the Year partnerships.
- Researching and identifying other new opportunities.
- Gaining a clear understanding of the criteria for potential charity partnerships.
- Updating the team with the research.
- Highlighting any opportunities you feel our team should be working on.
What support will I be given?
- You will be assigned a manager to discuss your progress and personal development needs.
- Agreed travel expenses will be reimbursed.
How much time do I need to commit?
- We’re looking for volunteers to spare a few days over the festive season to support us with our desk based research. In the New Year there may well be an opportunity to continue.
What benefits can I expect?
- An introduction to Cancer Research UK.
- An understanding/knowledge of Volunteer Fundraising.
- Experience of corporate partnerships.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to beat cancer, sooner.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at home and need access to a computer and the internet.
How to apply:
Please fill in our online application form.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.