Research Strategy and Evaluation Internship
We would like an analytical and enthusiastic intern to support our projects and keep our Strategy and Research Funding Directorate up to date with what’s happening nationally and internationally in the world of cancer research.
What will I be doing?
- Performing research and analysis to understand the cancer research landscape in the UK and internationally
- Supporting ongoing strategy and evaluation projects by performing quantitative analysis (e.g. of our research portfolio) and qualitative analysis (e.g. through consultation with key stakeholders)
- Attending meetings with the team to problem solve and help shape the direction of ongoing projects
- Informing stakeholders about the key messages and recommendations from ongoing projects through structured written and oral communication
- Presenting findings and insights to the Strategy Team and sharing these with relevant stakeholders across the charity
What skills will I gain?
- Structured problem-solving
- Data collection and analysis
- Insight generation
- Written and verbal communication
- Slide design and data visualisation
- Project management
- Broad knowledge of current trends in the research landscape
What skills do I need?
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to summarise research insights into clear and concise conclusions
- Organisational and interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Enthusiasm for being part of a small team
- Experience of research and analysis of data is desirable
- Confidence in using PowerPoint, Excel and Word is desirable
Why we need you:
The Research Strategy and Evaluation Team is a small team that works on big issues. We lead the ongoing development and refinement of Cancer Research UK’s research strategy by coordinating the process of strategy development. We also support the Strategy and Research Funding leadership team with strategic planning and evaluation across the Cancer Research UK research portfolio.
We’re looking for an intern to support our ongoing projects, which will have an impact on the strategic direction of Cancer Research UK’s research investments. You’ll also act as our ‘external world expert’ by keeping us up to date with competitor and partner trends across the cancer research landscape, ensuring we maintain an understanding of how the external landscape could impact our research strategy. This internship is suitable for someone with an interest in cancer research looking to gain experience in an internal strategy role or strategy consulting.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but the scheme is flexible and this can be discussed on a 1 to 1 basis.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.