Relay For Life Stockport - Social Media Volunteer
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
The Relay For Life Stockport team are looking to increase their online presence and the level of interaction they get in the Stockport area. They have a website and Facebook and Twitter profiles but want to engage more people in order to raise crucial funds to help beat cancer sooner. If you think you’ve got what it takes to reach new fundraisers through online communities like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and beyond, then sign up today.
What will I be doing?
- Finding interesting stories from our twitter account and reposting them on our Facebook page on a weekly basis
- Spotting opportunities to boost the number of local followers we have on Facebook and Twitter
- Promoting the team’s website and fundraising activities on social media
What skills do I need?
- Computer skills and a good knowledge of social media, especially Twitter and Facebook
- Confident interpreting statistics and able to pick out interesting things to retweet and post on Twitter and Facebook
- Creative and fun communication skills to engage the local community using Cancer Research UK’s tone of voice
- Strong organisational skills and reliability
- Creative thinking to help solve problems and spot opportunities
How much time do I need to commit?
Your role will probably start about 6-12 months prior to the Relay. Ideally you would be able to commit to a minimum of 5-7 hours a week in the first 4 months of activity as well as attend occasional Relay Committee meetings (these are usually monthly).
What support will I be given?
You will have ongoing help and support from the other Relay For Life Committee Members. There will also be a Cancer Research UK staff contact who will be able to offer advice to you.
What benefits can I expect?
This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on social media experience while making a real difference in the fight against cancer. The Relay is a great way to meet and make friends with people in your local community and you will be part of a huge, fun and inspiring event.
Where will I be based?
Much of the work can be completed from home, although you’ll need to get out and about to attend committee meetings and promote your Relay event in the local area.
Please apply before Tuesday 30th August 2016 by completing our short online application form.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.