Relay For Life Jersey - Social Media Volunteer
Begin your volunteering journey now!
Why we need you:
If you want to volunteer from the comfort of your own home and you’ve got the social media know how. The Jersey Relay For Life Fundraising Team want you. They’re looking to raise their profile in the local area and increase online presence.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to reach new fundraisers through online communities like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and beyond, sign up today.
What skills do I need?
- Organisation and reliability are key to building a local online presence.
- Creative and fun communication skills
- Be willing to track your impact using the built in social platform reporting tools
What will I be doing?
- Keeping up to date with the central Cancer Research UK social media accounts and reposting appropriate content for your community
- Spotting opportunities and online trends to boost the number of local followers we have on Facebook and Twitter.
- Getting to grips with the Cancer Research UK brand guidelines so you’re able to post in a consistent tone of voice with the rest of the organisation
- Promoting the team’s fundraising activities, on social media, and encouraging traffic to the website.
Volunteering in this role would equate to approx. ½ day a week – you would need to be accessing social media accounts regularly and updating pages daily, however, this could be scheduled posts, it doesn’t have to be live daily activity.
What support will we give you?
- You’ll receive a full induction to the team and what we do
- Cancer Research UK brand guidelines
- You’ll receive regular support through one to ones to discuss your development
What benefits can I expect?
- Unique insight into the world of social media and fundraising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in online marketing and social media
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK.
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
The role is home based so most of the volunteering will be done in your own time.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.