Regional Events Marketing Internship - London
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and enterprising self-starter with an interest in marketing and PR, to become a valued intern in our Race for Life Events team in London.
What will I be doing?
- Researching new opportunities and ideas to promote local Race for Life events with shopping centres, high footfall gyms and local businesses
- Booking in and delivering promotions across the region at a variety of venues, including sporting events and corporate businesses
- Maximising PR opportunities with local supporters, regional press and radio
- Creating and scheduling content for your region’s Twitter account
- Coordinating and managing volunteers at promotions
- Building relationships with local businesses and councils, and providing them with marketing materials
- Distributing marketing materials as part of targeted activity in your region
- Supporting key media relationships and building on relationship advocacy opportunities with community groups
- Providing administrative support to your Area Marketing Manager by logging promotional activity and finding opportunities to list events online
What skills will I gain?
- Interpersonal skills by engaging the local community and businesses in supporting our Race for Life events
- Relationship management skills in coordinating volunteers at promotions
- Influencing and negotiation skills through face to face engagement with our audience to encourage buy in and registrations for our Race for Life events
- Project management skills by taking ownership of specific marketing and PR projects
- Ability to work autonomously, by working independently from home as well as on site across your region
What skills do I need?
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- Ability to use your initiative and maintain motivation when working independently
- Computer literate – proficient with Word & Excel
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to proactively seek new opportunities
- Problem solving
What support will I get?
- An induction day in London or Manchester, providing you with an overview of the work of Cancer Research UK and how your role fits in
- The opportunity to discuss your CV with a member of our HR team, ensuring it’s tailored to your desired career path
- The chance to build a support network of other interns volunteering in your local area
Why we need you
Cancer Research UK’s Regional Events Marketing Internship is a fantastic opportunity for you to play a part in the successful promotion of our Race for Life events. Volunteering alongside our Area Marketing Managers, you’ll galvanise support for Race for Life in your local area, creating new and interesting marketing pieces, promotional opportunities and media coverage, both in the lead up to and during events. Joining other local volunteers you will help ensure promotional events are delivered successfully.
This role would suit an out-going and approachable person who is interested in Events Marketing.
There are over 200 cancers and we won’t give up until we find cures for them all. And that is why we’re looking for Regional Events Marketing interns to join us in beating cancer sooner.
How much time do I need to commit?
We ask for a commitment of approx. 20 hours per week – this will be made up of evenings, weekends, meetings and carrying out office tasks from home. Times are extremely flexible to suit your other commitments.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at home but you will be travelling across the region for promotional activity and team meetings.
- A ‘hands-on’ approach is required, as you’ll often be volunteering outside of normal working hours and outside at events
- As this role is home based, you must have a suitable place to work, a computer / laptop and access to the internet
- A full and clean driving licence and access to a car is desirable but is not essential
How do I apply?
Please download and complete the Regional Events Marketing Internship application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Wednesday 16 November.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.