Race for Life Enquiries and Administration Volunteer 2017
We can’t do it without you
Why we need you:
With almost 300 Race for Life events booked into the diary this year, we’re on the lookout for some passionate, motivational and inspiring new recruits to join our amazing army of volunteers. Without volunteers, our events simply couldn’t happen – your support helps us put on the best events possible to raise life saving funds, and ultimately help beat cancer sooner.
Both men and women are encouraged to sign up to volunteer to support Race for Life and Pretty Muddy and you don't need any previous experience – so what are you waiting for!
What will you be doing?
You’ll be responsible for setting up the administration marquees and helping assist participants and spectators with any queries. We’re looking for someone with great communication and organisational skills, a proactive attitude and, ideally, some administrative experience.
‘Once I was bitten by the Race for Life bug, I was hooked. I’ve had many friends and family who have been affected, some passing on and others surviving, and this keeps the fight in my heart and my feet on the ground. The difference you can make by giving just a few hours is immense. It’s such a rewarding experience knowing that you are part of something this ground-breaking and fundamental to so many people worldwide’. Gavin, Race for Life Volunteer
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities on its premier national event series.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- It’s an amazing experience; volunteering at a Race for Life or Pretty Muddy event has an atmosphere like no other.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
- A volunteer t-shirt and light refreshments.
How much time do you need to commit?
Any time you can give us would be much appreciated and no matter how much time you have, we can find a role for you! Please let the event manager know how long you are able to be on site and we can make sure your role is flexible to your availability. We need volunteers to help set up and pack down so don’t worry if you can’t stay the whole day or make it for the start of the event.
What support will you be given?
A member of the team will contact you before the event to discuss any queries you have about the event or your role. You will receive briefing notes before the event and a full explanation of your role on the day.
All volunteer teams have a designated manager who will guide and support you in your role and answer any questions you may have.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.