Office volunteer (Trading) - Romford
At Cancer Research UK we have over 12,000 volunteers who donate their time and skills to support our shops every year. Our Shop Managers are extremely busy and they need your help with some of the admin aspects of their role relating specifically to volunteer recruitment.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting our Shops Managers to research contact details for local groups/organisations where they can promote their volunteering opportunities.
- Helping to pull together a calendar of recruitment events that Shop Managers can attend throughout the year.
- Signposting new Shop Managers to changes in Cancer Research UK’s processes, showing them where to find things and making them aware of what support is available.
- Helping to collate statistics of what’s working well within the region and sharing success stories.
- Providing general support to the team
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Strong administrative skills
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Strong written communication skills and a good telephone manner.
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
What support will I be given?
- A clear and comprehensive induction into the team and training on our internal systems and processes
- You will become an integral part of the Trading team and your manager will be able to offer ongoing guidance and support
- You will have regular one to one meetings with your manager to discuss your progress and personal development
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to meet new and like-minded people, be part of a passionate and friendly team and gain experience within a world-class charity organisation
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK
- The chance to use your skills and develop new ones
- Reimbursed travel and other expenses, as agreed
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally 2-3 days per week for a period of at least 3 months, however, this can be flexible so you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our Romford Depot: Unit 17, Bates Industrial Estate, Church Road, Harold Wood, Romford, Essex, RM3 0HU
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.