Music Festival Fundraising Coordinator
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Cancer Research UK is delighted to be the official Charity Partner of Gig for Life, an exciting music festival at The Hop Farm, Tonbridge.
Are you a great organiser, well-connected and passionate about raising money to help us find a cure for cancer? Do you love music, festivals and a challenge? Could you utilise your contacts and skills to co-ordinate the fundraising at this exciting new music festival celebrating local bands and talent?
If you think you’ve got what it takes to form and lead a new, high-profile volunteer team and organise some truly fabulous fundraising over the weekend of 27/28th May 2017, then this is the volunteer role for you.
What skills do I need?
- Organised and self-motivated
- Persuasive and creative
- Excellent networking skills
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of like-minded individuals
What will I be doing?
- Using your networking skills and contacts to form a team of like-minded people
- Planning, organising and delivering all aspects of a variety of fundraising initiatives suitable for a music festival audience, with the aim of raising £30,000 over the weekend
- Sourcing appropriate prizes for the fundraising you plan
- Recruiting volunteers to support the weekend’s events
- Developing and growing the fundraising board year on year as the event grows
- Championing the work of Cancer Research UK
What is the time commitment?
This is a flexible role that you can fit alongside your other commitments.
What support will we give you?
- You’ll receive a full induction to the team and what we do
- You’ll receive regular support from a Local Fundraising Manager at Cancer Research UK, with experience in event organisation, volunteer management and working with businesses to support charities
What benefits can I expect?
- A unique insight into the world of fundraising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills and put your networking skills to a very different use
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
The role is home based so most of the volunteering will be done in your own time.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.