Manager Mentor, Knowledge Management & Communications Volunteer
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Following a re-structure of the Consumer Insights & Analytics department, we established a new role to design, deliver and maintain a new Knowledge Management portal and create a communications strategy to ensure that the voice of the consumer is becoming an integral part of everybody’s way of working.
We’re looking for an experienced volunteer who will use their coaching or mentoring skills to accompany the newly appointed Manager on her learning journey over the next 12 weeks, focussing on knowledge management, operations & communications.
The Consumer Insights & Analytics team is required to have clear impact on business decision-making and this new role is essential to ensure the team gets the exposure needed and provides value adding insights that are tangible and actionable.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be matched with our Manager and agree a mentoring or coaching relationship. We believe in growing talent within the organisation and our new Manager is highly motivated, passionate and eager to learn and take up the challenge.
Depending on needs, you’ll be working together to help the Manager along the individual learning journey. This will include identification of basic requirements for the organisation, approach to knowledge management, identification of dependencies, and designing a project management and implementation plan.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Expert skills with several years’ experience in knowledge management solutions & communication strategies
- Advanced IT skills with a focus on system integration
- Ability to build relationships quickly and adapt your style to suit different situations and challenges
- Ability to take into account information from different sources when coaching or mentoring
- Ability to reduce complex topics or situations into manageable, easy to comprehend solutions
- Extensive experience of coaching/mentoring techniques
- Ability to motivate, inspire and empower others to achieve results by creating, sharing and reviewing vision and action plans
- Ability to identify similarities and differences between your own and the coachee’s/mentee’s experience and support his/her learning process
How much time do I need to commit?
We estimate that you will need to invest 1-2 days per month either face to face or remotely via Skype.
What support will I be given?
We will offer you an induction to the work of Cancer Research UK Trading and support you with setting up the coaching/mentoring relationship. We will also facilitate regular reviews of your coaching/mentoring relationships.
You will have access over the phone to a member of the Trading Training and Development Team in case of queries. We will also provide you with regular updates about the department’s activities via e-mail so that you are able to stay up to date in between mentoring/coaching meetings.
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a passionate and dynamic team
- The chance to apply your professional skills to benefit one of the UK’s leading charities
- The opportunity to develop your coaching and mentoring skills and develop new skills and learn more about charity retail
- We will reimburse agreed expenses you incur as a result of your volunteer role, if required
Where will I be based?
Mentoring/coaching sessions will be held in a mutually convenient location.
How do I apply?
Simply complete our short online application form and then send your CV to Kirsten.Kuhnert@cancer.org.uk
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.