Apply to our internship scheme by Friday 24th July
Applications for our autumn 2015 voluntary internships are now open
We have over 40 voluntary, project-based internships available across a variety of departments at Cancer Research UK. These are mostly based in our Head office in London, but we also offer a number of home-based roles which are available across the country. Our internships last for last 12 weeks, starting the week commencing 14th September.
How to apply
Each year in January, June and September, Cancer Research UK hosts around 50 interns to volunteer on 12-week projects, which will help us to continue the work we do - funding life-saving research.
Open to undergraduates, graduates and career changers looking to develop their skills and gain work experience, our internships are based either in London, supporting our head office teams or regionally, supporting our events or volunteer fundraising teams across the country.
The scheme has been consistently recognised by external bodies, ranking 51st out of the Top 100 Graduate Employers on Rate my Placement, making Cancer Research UK the top internship scheme in the country. We’ve also been awarded the National Council for Work Experience’s ‘Best Charity Sector Internship’ award in 2013.
What will you be doing?
Interns are recruited to volunteer on specific projects in teams across all our directorates, working in the fields of:
- Corporate Partnerships
- Policy and Campaigns
- Health Information and Community Health Engagement
- Research Funding
Internships take place up to 4 days a week for 12 weeks, during which time you could be researching and planning a new project or coordinating a project in the delivery stages.
What will you get out of it?
- You’ll receive support and guidance in your role from a dedicated manager
- You’ll have the opportunity to apply to our mentoring scheme, to help you with your personal development
- A full induction into Cancer Research UK and the team you’ll be volunteering in
- Training in CV writing and interview techniques
- The opportunity to network with other interns who you’ll be volunteering alongside
- We’ll provide you with a written reference on successful completion of your internship
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to beat cancer, sooner.
Register your future interest
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept CVs or covering letters at any time or applications outside of the recruitment periods.
If you'd like to receive an email when applications open for future intakes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org specifying which intake you are interested in.
Volunteer for science
Only 5 minutes to spare? You can still support our charity by classifying cells in our citizen science project, Cell Slider.