Human Resources (Learning & Development) Internship
We’re looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual with experience and/or interest in Human Resources and marketing to help us review the launch of our recent learning offering.
What will I be doing?
- Organising focus groups across Cancer Research UK to review the impact of our newly launched learning approach
- Researching and making recommendations on how we can better market our learning offering
- Speaking to external organisations and people across the charity about how to market learning approaches
- Editing several pieces of audio content which are part of a toolkit for managers
- Supporting with the organisation of ad-hoc events such as our induction events for staff (Welcome Morning, CRUK Day)
What skills will I gain?
- Developing your knowledge of learning and development
- Developing your understanding of how to review an intervention
- Video editing experience
- Project management skills
- Report writing experience
What skills do I need?
- An interest or experience in marketing best practice and terminology
- Strong organisational skills
- An interest in statistics is desirable
- An outgoing and personable approach
- Willingness to learn and ask questions
- An interest in Human Resources and learning and development
- Video editing skills (IMovie or Final Cut Pro) desirable though training will be provided
Why we need you
In the last year the Learning and Development team have reviewed the way people learn new skills at the charity. In September the team launched a new approach to developing managers, as well as a host of learning interventions for staff. We’re looking for an intern to oversee a review of how well we’re reaching our target audiences in the organisation, which will include coordinating focus groups, researching how external organisations market learning support and making recommendations on how to target groups of people going forwards. You’ll also be involved in helping edit audio content for an online manager toolkit.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 2 - 3 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working from home can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.