Become a volunteer coordinator
Help us coordinate and guide our volunteers throughout their fundraising journey by becoming a volunteer coordinator.
Improve your leadership and people management skills by supporting our teams of collection volunteers. By becoming a collection coordinator, you will:
- Make a valuable contribution by coordinating a fundraising collection
- Get experience in event coordination
- Meet like minded people
- Be in charge of a small team of collection volunteers
- Be satisfied knowing you're helping us raise vital funds towards our life-saving work.
What does the role involve
We need your help to support our teams of collection volunteers. You will:
- Liaise with the local Tesco store you're assigned to in advance of the collection weekend
- Manage the event logistics and ensure collection materials are in place at the store
- Be the point of contact for a team of volunteer collectors over the collection weekend
- Meet and greet volunteer collectors on arrival at the store
- Ensure that the money raised is counted and returned to Cancer Research UK at the end of the collection weekend
- Provide post-event feedback
Why we need you
We are looking for enthusiastic and friendly volunteers to support us by taking on the role of Collection Team Leaders. This role is crucial to ensuring a smooth running and successful collection weekend.
If you're someone who enjoys leading a team and working within your community, then this role would suit you perfectly.
I have such a fun time doing it! I got to meet lots of new people and had a great laugh with the general public.
Andy, volunteer coordinator