Graphic Design (Research Brand and Communications) Internship
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic graphic design intern to bring our research brand to life, to help engage the world’s greatest scientific minds.
What will I be doing?
You will be working on a project focused on our scientific image library.
- Auditing existing scientific imagery currently available across the organisation
- Working with internal teams to identify gaps/ additional photography requirements
- Sourcing new images to supplement the existing library
- If required, commissioning and organising a professional photo shoot
- Uploading all imagery to our internal asset library, with relevant tagging
- Establishing relationships with stock image libraries
- Producing an internal resource outlining the images available
- Creating various templates utilising our scientific imagery (Twitter header, Twitpics, slide templates)
What skills will I gain?
- Using photography to bring to life our world-leading cancer research
- Working within brand guidelines to find creative solutions
- Developing your knowledge of stock image libraries
- Photoshoot management
- Producing visual assets for teams across the charity
- Exposure to marketing, communications and brand expertise
- Project management skills
- Stakeholder management
- Interpersonal skills
What skills do I need?
- Ability to deliver high-quality design outputs in a timely manner
- Creative, innovative thinker who contributes ideas and sees the bigger picture
- Self-motivated and solution-focused
- Able to develop effective working relationships with colleagues
- An enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- An interest and passion for the role of scientific research in the fight against cancer would be an advantage
Why we need you
Cancer Research UK is committed to building an outstanding brand throughout the research arena. This brand will help attract world-leading scientists, highlight our key partnership role, and showcase our life-saving research impact. As such, this brand will help Cancer Research UK to deliver world-leading research, bringing forward the day when all cancers are cured.
We’ve recently developed an innovative, high-impact visual identity for our research brand. We now need to bring it to life both internally and externally. Photography is a really important part of research communications. It helps to engage and connect with our audience. Our images should follow some important principles so they are identifiable as Cancer Research UK, which is why it is important that we establish and maintain a strong image library.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.