Grand Designs Live Collection Volunteer – Excel Centre London – 30th April, 1st & 6th May
Start your volunteering now!
Why we need you:
On Sunday 30th April, Monday 1st May and Saturday 6th May we’re looking for bucket collection volunteers to support Stand Up To Cancer at Grand Designs Live. 100% of the money you raise for Stand Up To Cancer will fund translational research. That's right, all of it. This takes developments in the lab and transforms them into new tests and treatments for cancer patients.
What will you be doing?
Stand Up To Cancer needs your help to volunteer at Grand Designs Live! Grand Designs Live is based on the hugely successful Channel 4 TV series and is presented by design guru Kevin McCloud. You’ll be helping to collect money and encourage people to enter a prize draw, whilst raising awareness of Stand Up To Cancer – you’ll even get the opportunity to look around the show after your shift.
You’ll enjoy this role if…
- You love interacting with new people
- You enjoy inspiring and motivating others
- You’re an energetic team player and communicator
- You have an interest in Grand Designs, interior design and home decor
What support will we give you?
- A full briefing pack with top tips and everything you need to know
- All the supplies you need for a great day of fundraising
- Support from other collection volunteers and Stand Up To Cancer staff on the day
What benefits will you get?
- Cancer is happening right now. By sparing just a couple of hours you are making a valuable contribution to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK
- The opportunity to meet new people and have fun volunteering with colleagues
- Explore the show before or after your shift for free
Where will you be based?
Excel London, Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, London E16 1XL
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.