Fundraising Volunteer - Chesterfield
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of Chesterfield’s fundraising group; raising awareness and life-saving funds to help beat cancer sooner.
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 40,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK.
What will I be doing?
As a local fundraiser in Chesterfield, we would love you to help to raise awareness and as many funds as possible for Cancer Research UK.
Here’s a list of just some of the activities you could be doing:
- Represent and promote Cancer Research UK in the local community
- Take part in local fundraising events including bucket collections, tombolas and more
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Help to recruit and attract new fundraisers to raise funds in Chesterfield
- Meet up with other fundraisers to collect cheques from their fundraising for Cancer Research UK
What skills do I need?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community. If you are a team player with good communication skills and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK then we’d love to hear from you!
What support will we give you?
- Ongoing and support from your local fundraising committee.
- Any training required
- Cancer Research UK promotional material if needed
- References if required
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new and like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Involvement in a wide range of exciting local fundraising events and activities
Where will I be based?
This is a community based role and you will ‘out and about’ in your local community, taking part in different events.
We’d love you to be able to volunteer with us on an ongoing basis as and when we have fundraising opportunities but even if you just have a couple of hours to spare very occasionally we would love to hear from you. This can be totally flexible and this role can certainly fit alongside your other commitments.
Please fill in our online form. If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Williamson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865 332664.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.